Tuesday, January 17, 2012


  MEDITATION
“Of water & spirit”

Face to face with
The ocean I stand;
In reverence – in awe
Of grandeur amplified:
Deep and wide………..
From pole to pole;
Wavy curtains shimmering bright
Horizons unknown unite earth and sky.

Tireless in her ebb and flow…
Mystical journeys to countless shores;
Weaving enchanted tales of
Tranquil breezes and capricious hurricanes-
I listen with intent-waiting my turn.


Softly I speak to the wailing wind
In silent codes……..
Deep unrehearsed cogent thoughts
I’d rather not share with you;
The ocean in refrain my way she sends
Missives tucked in the folds
Of cascading waves drifting hither and yon-
Like liquid dunes mounting assaults….
On ghostly crags keeping sentry countless ages;
Her white washed breakers explode in mystic rain,
Body and soul – drenched; anointed thus-
Salt crusted tears my spirit does purify.


Author: Hope Kale Ewusi ©

No comments:

Post a Comment