Saturday, December 22, 2012

LUNAR BLOSSOM


The moon is ripe, lodged in my hands;
Gone now are the days of barren soles.
That which was forgotten now reads the sand
Where at the gilded altar now I stand
I watch the dawn embrace my varnished soul.
The moon is ripe, cupped in my hands..
A thousand bolts can't thwart the wand
And set me adrift, still lost in the shoal.
That which was forgotten, now reads the sand-
But how will they know or understand
That my broken shards now form a whole?
Still the moon is ripe, clasped in my hands:
Let minstrels prance and strike up the band-
For my errant darts have struck their goal.
That which was forgotten, now reads the sand
And the street is raving about my new brand...
My song on every lip - my name on every scroll
For the moon is ripe, lodged in my hands
And that which was forgotten, now reads the sand.

By

No comments:

Post a Comment