Monday, April 16, 2012


      TODAY
“candid reflection

I love you "today"
For your transient bliss
That my heart has set at ease;
and as I face all that would unfold
Each tick I hope is speckled gold.

Thank you "today""
For your promise of tomorrow
Unsealed though it may be;
I’d take my odds all by the throw
For the blessings of  yesterdays, I hope
My cart would stir all thru’ the maze.
 
I’m hopeful yet often perturbed
by stagnant hours caught in frames-
with bungee seconds stretched wide…..
pliant-defiant – your wayward son,
unhinged- untamed by scornful eyes.

Charged though my card this day
With notes of dreams deferred…..
I wear my crown without regret.
But should you "Today" your grace
enshroud with cloaks of indignation
I’d loathe and shun you so – and wish….
upon a cloud that it rains on you.

Author: Hope Kalé Ewusi

No comments:

Post a Comment