Thursday, April 26, 2012



From The Wells Of Knowing



Some exalt the hidden hand
And thank the stars above
For who or what their lot may be;
Life they claim is divine ordained-
That nothing that is, or ever could be
Is to chance, or happenstance.

Birds seek southern climes
In accord with changing times;
And sea turtles in time do seek
Sands of birth to spurn their brood
Just like the sun’s recurrent arc.

I’m neither turtle, bird nor sun,
Schooled in routine manifestation.
Within my chest, there beats a heart
That fuels my thoughts, my agile mind.
Anchored though to earth beneath
Yet consigned to budge or stay...
 Fortune beeds , and the will impels.


While seconds anxiously each day uncoil
And cross roads loom hither and yon….
I and I my thoughts confounded thus
From the wells of knowing must imbibe;
For a lone ranger I am, my cross to bear-
With a willing soul, my constant carriage 
 I pray with stalwart zeal my load to bear
From shifting sands onto the finish line.


By

Hope KalĂ© Ewusi©

Embedded  images are from Mali.....featuring the Timbuktu Scrolls and an ancient learning center

No comments:

Post a Comment